I am such a fortunate woman. I’ve seen beautiful places, met amazing people, and even accomplished a thing or two in the process. …of course, that doesn’t mean that I’m ‘done’ or anything. I just wanted to say “thank you” to the world in general for giving me so much…
What got me thinking about my “thank you” was when I was contacted by a fellow blogger. She nominated whatdoyareckon for the Beautiful Blogger Award. So, to Jeanine from http://jeaninerenzoni.wordpress.com/, I especially want to say “thank you”, for nominating me for the Award. I am honored that you have included me in your list of ‘beautiful blogs’. Jeanine’s blog is a lovely collection of photos and thoughts from her home in Wisconsin. Her photos of what she sees out her windows are gorgeous.
The rules for accepting the nomination are to write a post about the Award (and include a picture of the Award). They say you need to thank the person who nominated you (of course!!! Who wouldn’t do that!) and link back to their blog. Then the fun part begins; I get to nominate seven other blogs for the Award. I need to tell those seven bloggers that I’ve nominated them, describe their blogs in my entry, and include a link to their blogs so my lovely readers can easily check out all the gorgeous blogs that are floating around out there.
The hard part is choosing ONLY seven…there are so many great blogs out there! …but this is what I came up with:
- http://kiwis-soar.com/ This blog tugs at my heart. The author lives in New Zealand and has the soul of a poet and the eye of an artist. Please, have a look…
- http://sethsnap.com/ This photography blog is written by a gentleman who believes there is beauty all around. The blog is great for lifting your spirits and being amazed at the beauty hidden in the most mundane spots.
- http://homemadewithmess.wordpress.com/ I love to cook and bake, so I have to include my favorite recipe blog. The name on her blog says it all. She believes that cooking MUST be fun…and her recipes are ‘to die for’….
- http://virginiaplantation.wordpress.com/ This blog is a chronicle of the restoration of James Madison’s home, the Belle Grove Plantation. A lovely couple is restoring/renovating the old plantation, with the plan to turn it into a bed and breakfast. It’s been fascinating to watch it blossom under their hands.
- http://baileyboatcat.com/ This blog is all about a very smart and very nautical cat named Bailey. Bailey (and his Mom and Dad) live on a beautiful boat named Nocturne in Rome and a flat in Nice. The blog has lovely photos and very witty commentary – all thanks to our friend Bailey. It’s a joy to read.
- http://canoecommunications.wordpress.com/ This is a gorgeous blog that highlights photos and ideas from the US Midwest. The pictures are amazing!
- http://hikingphoto.com/about/ …and if you love photos of the beautiful outdoors, you can’t beat the blog called Canadian Hiking Photography. The landscapes are magnificent!
So, there ya’ have it…my nominations for the Beautiful Blogger Award. I hope you get a chance to take a look at a few (or all) of them.